Ellie is responsible for leading Facebook & Instagram’s agency business across media, creative, and consultancies. She has been part of Facebook ANZ’s leadership team for the last 7 years, and has helped build the business here across Australia and New Zealand.
Ellie has spent 20 years in digital marketing. Prior to joining Facebook, Ellie spent 13 years working at media agencies including Ikon and Profero.
She started her career as a wheeler dealer TV buyer in London playing good cop in the TV negotiation game. She then joined a digital start up, Profero, where she was initially completely bamboozled by the lingo but then amazed by the creative possibilities and accountability that digital offered advertisers.
She moved to Australia 14 years ago to join Ikon where she headed up their digital services including mobile, technology, data, search and social. She has been part of a number of award winning teams, and includes three Cannes Lions trophies on her virtual mantelpiece.
· Ad News recognized her in their top 40 under 40 list of media people – she is now too old to be part of this club although her teeth are far younger and could still qualify
· MYOB ranked her as 4th on their ‘young & influential list’ in the lifestyle/ media category
· B&T recognized her as a powerful woman in media – number 24 in Australia
· In November 2018, she attended Harvard’s Corporate Director’s Course for Women
· She has joined a number of boards including unlimited, Mood and Wonderschool
Ellie’s main gig is wife and mother to 2 kids, Jett (2) and Nancy (8). She loves a good adventure, and her and her husband dragged the kids around the world for a year whilst on maternity leave.